Today! Now! My new album The Living Record is out in the world as of today, September 4th, 2012.
It’s incredible after working on this for two years to reach this point. And in two days the Canadian tour begins and I start bringing it to y’all in person. This show is officially on the road.
Were my laptop a lecturn, I would lean forward and say, I would like to thank –
- Steve Dawson, for making this album with me and for taking the songs beyond what I hoped for them.
- The musicians who lent their talents and made their mark on the album, especially Steve, Rob Becker, Niko Friesen and Chris Gestrin.
- The dear group of people who crowd-funded this album when it was a twinkle in my eye.
- Husband for silkscreening all the t-shirts for said crowd-funders, among a million other things.
- My mom for picking up posters, running to the post office, entering all my tour dates online, and making the summer building up to this release and tour possible.
- The veggie vag.
- You, you, YOU!
And you. For reading this. For listening. For responding. For buying the album (ahem). For coming to the shows. For being part of music and this life.
HERE WE GO. See you very soon.